Results will NOT be given over the phone. Once your results arrive, they will be reviewed by your doctor and you will be contacted if your doctor needs to see you again.
If you do not receive a phone call then your results do not require another doctor’s visit unless you wish.
Social Media Policy
Our practice has appointed Rebecca Hughes, Practice Manager, as our social media officer with designated responsibility to manage and monitor the practice’s social media accounts. All posts on the practice’s social media websites must be approved by this person.
When using the practice’s social media, all members of our practice team will not:
- Post any material that:
- Is unlawful, threatening, defamatory, pornographic, inflammatory, menacing, or offensive
- Infringes or breaches another person’s rights (including intellectual property rights) or privacy, or misuses the practice’s or another person’s confidential information (e.g. do not submit confidential information relating to our patients, personal information of staff, or information concerning the practice’s business operations that have not been made public)
- Is materially damaging or could be materially damaging to the practice’s reputation or image, or another individual
- Is in breach of any of the practice’s policies or procedures
- Use social media to send unsolicited commercial electronic messages, or solicit other users to buy or sell products or services or donate money
- Impersonate another person or entity (for example, by pretending to be someone else or another practice employee or other participant when you submit a contribution to social media) or by using another’s registration identifier without permission
- Tamper with, hinder the operation of, or make unauthorized changes to the social media sites
- Knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to or via the practice’s social media account, or use in any email to a third party, or the social media site
- Attempt to do or permit another person to do any of these things:
- Claim or imply that you are speaking on the practice’s behalf, unless you are authorised to do so
- Disclose any information that is confidential or proprietary to the practice, or to any third party that has disclosed information to the practice
- Be defamatory, harassing, or in violation of any other applicable law
- Include confidential or copyrighted information (e.g. music, videos, text belonging to third parties), and
- Violate any other applicable policy of the practice.
All members of our practice team must obtain the relevant approval from our social media officer prior to posting any public representation of the practice on social media websites. The practice reserves the right to remove any content at its own discretion.
Any social media must be monitored in accordance with the practice’s current polices on the use of internet, email and computers.
Our practice complies with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) national law, and takes reasonable steps to remove testimonials that advertise our services (which may include comments about the practitioners themselves). Our practice is not responsible for removing (or trying to have removed) unsolicited testimonials published on a website or in social media over which we do not have control.
Any social media posts by members of our practice team on their personal social media platforms should:
- Include the following disclaimer example in a reasonably prominent place if they are identifying themselves as an employee of the practice on any posting: ‘The views expressed in this post are mine and do not reflect the views of the practice/business/committees/boards that I am a member of’, and
- Respect copyright, privacy, fair use, financial disclosure and other applicable laws when publishing on social media platforms.
Social media activities internally and externally of the practice must be in line with this policy.
Our practice is committed to making information about our practice and its services readily accessible for all patients and the community. One way to achieve this is through our practice website.
In complying with the Privacy Act 1988, our practice provides the following advice to users of our website about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. The aim of this advice is to inform users of our website about:
- What personal information is collected by our practice
- Who is collecting the personal information
- How personal information is used by our practice
- Access to personal information collected by our practice, and
- Security of personal information collected by our practice.
As our website contains advertisements from time to time, we ensure any advertising complies with the Medical Board of Australia’s Good medical practice: A code of conduct for doctors in Australia and includes a disclaimer on any advertising which states that the practice does not endorse the advertised services or products.